Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ends bringing begginings

I packed in the desk job a little over a week ago now and it has been amazing to sit back and be able to reflect on 18 months spent in front of a computer, oh the things I must have been missing!

My week of umemployment in the states went by incredibly fast what with making my final travel arrangements and getting my things packed...not to mention the send off roof deck party! To all the people who made it thanks for coming and I'd say it was a great success. Having the cops called proves we were loud enough but the fact that they weren't too pissed about the whole thing proves that we were well within the bounds of common decency (unless of course you ask the people who called the cops, I'm sure). I like to think I have been involved in some great parties over the years and the roof deck ripper falls right inline with some of the summer bashes of yesteryear. Thanks again to all involved!

I guess I'll make this a quick post, was really just trying to get the blog up and running for when I actually have some real adventures to relate. I have to mention for all those obsessed with the Icelandic volcano and its impact on air travel this summer...get over it! I flew Icelandair right into Reykjavic and there were no delays whatsoever and I couldn't detect any sign ash or anything else that would suggest there had been a massive eruption. The only thing I did see from the plane were several whales and what I think were dolphins as we came in for landing, it was pretty amazing and I'd guess I saw the first whales from about 10,000 feet. Just massive gray shapes moving in the water. I'm told if you are into whale watching that Iceland is the premier place to go, just in case there are any whale enthusiasts reading this.

Anyway, my adventures will begin in earnest when I get up to Erraid (in Scotland) on Monday or Tuesday next week. I'll be in London until Friday when I catch the train up to Newcastle for a weekend festival, I'm not sure what kind of music to expect but I'm guessing it'll be house/dj/techno stuff based on the fact that I'm going with my cousins. It'll be one last taste of mainstream civilization before heading for the island, should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment